You don’t want to miss the IHS Marching Band Preview Performance this Saturday. Join us in the bleachers to see how amazing the band looks and sounds!
August 15th @ 4:00 pm
Immediately following, get to know your fellow supports and meet the band at a Potluck Dinner. Sign up now on Charms for this band family event. We can’t wait to see you there as we celebrate the accomplishments of our amazing band students!
Just go here and sign up now:
Band Camp 2015 was a success! Thanks to all of our volunteers, chaperones, alumni, parents, students, and staff.
- The updated practice schedule has been posted on the calendar.
- Be sure to spread the word about our Car Wash. This is an all-student event.
- Join us for the first Band Booster meeting of the season on Monday, August 3rd @ 6:30 p.m. in the band room.
- We have a mini-camp, preview performance and pot-luck on August 15th.
We’re looking forward to a great season. Here’s the schedule for the next couple of weeks. Please check the calendar often, as any changes and volunteer needs will be posted there.
- Rehearsal. 5 – 8 pm, July 7th
- Rehearsal. 5 – 8 pm, July 9th
- Pre-Camp. 1 – 8 pm, July 13th through 17th
- Parent Meeting. 7 pm, July 17th
- Band Camp. 8 am – 8 pm, July 20 – 23rd
- Band Camp. 8 am – 3 pm, July 24th
- DCI. 7:30 pm, July 24th (Call time TBA)
Remember the golden rule: Being on-time is late; being early is on-time.
The IHSBBO will have a welcome station set up during pre-camp and band camp. You can make payments, turn in health forms, get information, etc.
If you have a friend who isn’t sure about joining, but would like to see what Marching Band is all about, please bring them!
Questions? Please contact Mrs. Mollie Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show some hype for the Independence High School Marching Band and Color Guard!!
As we look toward the 2015-2016 season, we’re excited to welcome back our existing band members. It’s also time to show what band family is all about (fun, hard work, friends, accomplishments, and more!!) to incoming students interested in joining Marching Band and Color Guard.
Be sure to wear comfortable shoes/clothing and bring a water bottle. Don’t forget to bring your instrument !
Just for registering, you’ll get a chance to win an iTunes gift card. We’ll raffle one card to our returning students and one to our new recruits. It’s that easy — register to attend Band’s fun-filled 2015 Hype Day now!
Independence High School Band Guard Tryouts are being held May 4th, 5th and 7th at Independence High School from 3:30pm to 6:00 pm. Available to all rising 8th grade through rising 12th grade students (boys and girls) who want to participate. No prior experience needed.
You can enter through the band room in the back of the school.
Hope to see you there!
We are working to get the new site up and running so please be patient as we work out the bugs.